Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A doily a day keeps the stress away

Christmas will be here before too very long. Let's see...I need a new purse to match my new outfit in time for the parties that I want to attend. I mustn't use last year's bag. I need extra cash. Hmmmm.

Oh! I know! I will crochet a doily and I might as well put lots of beads on my thread before I even make the first chain stitch. Using a bead stitch, I can incorporate the beads into the pattern. Then I will take a piece of satin and sew that in as a liner. I will make a drawstring using three strands of the same crochet thread I made the doily with. A simple chain stitch will do. For a strap, I could string some of the beads I have already.

I can't wait to show all my friends. I will be the envy of all the women at work with this bag. That should solve my cash flow problem, too. heh heh heh

Later Gater,

Your Sandi

No comments: