Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Jacket

Summer Jacket, originally uploaded by picable.

I added some motifs to the front neckline and lengthened the sleeves. The original pattern was made with size 10 cotton thread. This was my rendition of the pattern using baby yarn.

You can switch the yarn and adjust for the gauge using a schematic. That's where you have a diagram drawn with the measurements included that show how a crocheted item is put together.

While it looks good in the picture, the actual wearing of this garmet has been a problem because acrylic yarn has more stretch in it than cotton thread does.

I believe that if I add another strip of motifs to the center front and join them together, making this a poncho with will be perfect. Otherwise, I will have to sew in a cloth liner.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: