Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Making of a Crocheted Doll

It started out to be a boy doll. I was going to name it Granny's Boy. But then I thought, "No, better not do that."

After stitching the two squares together, stuffing it with a sock (fiberfill would have come right out on this), I made two legs using single crochet(sc). I switched to the blue yarn at the end of a row and doubled the stitches (inc) for two rows and then finished it off (FO).

Embroidery was done using a tapestry needle and imagination. I knew it needed two eyes and the mouth. I've learned not to let my fear of making mistakes stop me in this business of crochet.

No comments: